Dear Parents and Friends of St. Christopher School,
I would like to begin by thanking all of our families for choosing to send their students to St. Christopher School. I see daily examples of our teachers and staff going above and beyond to help our students. I see families showing their support both financially and with their time and talents to support our school.
Once again this year, the students are focusing on “Choosing to be Kind”. This goes along with our community code in how students are expected to behave at school. I try to talk about this with students daily. You will hear more about this as the year progresses.
One thing I notice every day is that our students are happy and their respect and concern for each other is amazing. I thank each of you, as we are all a part of what makes St. Christopher different from the rest. Each of us is more than just a name; we are all part of one big family!
This week marked the beginning of the autumn season. There is always something magical and peaceful about the crops being harvested and the trees beginning to show us their many fall colors. We are fortunate to live in New England and witness the beauty of God’s creation surrounding us each day.
Other highlights of the past month:
- The Church/School Mass and Activity Fair reflected a Parish and School Community at its best. We honored God and prayed for His blessings on our students, staff, parents and parish. Then, we met in the church hall for donuts and coffee, and good conversation.
- Our Calendar Raffle fundraiser ends this Friday. I hope that we will make our goal of 2000 tickets sold!! If you haven’t purchased your calendars yet but wish to join in the October raffle excitement, fill out those raffle tickets tonight and send them right away!! We have many surprises for the students and families, especially if we meet our goal of 2000 tickets. I will definitely be doing something craaazy! Thank you so much for your support!
- The Scholastic Book Fair was a big success! I don’t have the exact number yet, but I’m sure we will be able to support the library handsomely. Thanks to everyone who supported this effort!
- I am pleased to recognize the following students who led the school community in Morning Prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance this month: Grace Laliberte, Brayden Labrecque and Jenna Frost.
- Highlights in October are:
- Teacher Diocesan Workshop No School – September 28th
- Calendar Raffle drawings begin – October 1st
- Columbus Day No School – Monday, October 8th – is a Holiday.
- Vocation Day– Tuesday, October 23rd at 9:15
What a fantastic start to the year! Thank you one and all for your never ending support!
Mrs. Cynthia Vita Clarke