Please see the Parent Resource page HERE for information on using Google Classroom, navigating stress with your children, academic resources, and more!
Good morning St. Chris parents!
We are excited to get our remote learning program started today! Our teachers were working late into the night preparing and they can't wait to connect with their students online.
Just a reminder that starting today we will be taking attendance each day at 5:00 PM, so students must log into their classroom every day by that time. Doing attendance allows us to count these days as actual school days so we do not have to make them up at the end of the year....yay!
Please reach out if you have any questions. We will continue to keep you informed as we go!
Mrs. Cindy Clarke
I want to begin by thanking everyone for their patience as St. Chris transitions to remote learning for our students. While this has been an unexpected challenge for our teachers, we have come together (while practicing our social distancing!) over the last few days to create what we believe will be a new and exciting way to teach our students during this extraordinary time. We may still experience some bumps in the road, but we are confident that our entire St. Chris community will continue to solve any issues with grace and understanding!
So let’s get started!
The following “schedule” will help everyone stay on the same page:
Today (3/18) has been set aside for parents and students to prepare for the start of the remote learning program. Parents are asked to:
- Read the letter and Learning Plan HERE. This will define St. Chris’s goals for remote learning, as well as student and teacher expectations.
- Determine how your child will access Google Classroom. You can access Google Classroom by a variety of device types, including smartphones, tablets, and laptops/desktop computers. Smartphones and tablets have a Google Classroom app available. For laptops/desktop computers, simply open your browser and to https://classroom.google.
Please note: St. Chris does have a limited number of older used iPad Mini 2’s available for sale for $70. While these iPads are older, they are sufficient for use with Google Classroom. Please email cclarke@stchrisschoolnh.
- Consult the User Name/Password list emailed to each parent and find your child’s information. Use this user name and password to log on to Google Classroom. Please change your child’s password and save it somewhere that you will remember. This will be how your child logs on every school day to Google Classroom.
Some teachers have already set up their online classrooms and students will see invitations to their classes in the Classroom environment. Students should accept all invitations.
- With your student, watch introductory videos on how to use Google classroom. Here are some suggested videos from other schools that have already implemented Google Classroom:
Tomorrow (3/19) will be the start of our remote learning program.
- Students should log in to Google Classroom using their user name/password.
- Once logged in, students will see invitations to all of their classes. They should accept these invitations.
- Within each class, students should begin interacting with their teacher and completing work.
Please note: Students should also continue completing any packets or school work that was sent home last Friday. This work will be due when students physically return to school.
If you or your child should have any difficulties logging into Google Classroom, please contact Mrs. Litch at firstname.lastname@example.org. Other content/academic questions should be directed to your classroom teacher either through Google Classroom or via regular email. We are here to help you….don’t be afraid to reach out for assistance!
I will continue to pray that all in our St. Chris community stay well!
Mrs. Cindy Clarke
In cooperation with Governor Sununu's mandate that all schools remain physically closed through April 3, all Catholic schools will be closed to students through that date. St. Christopher will transition to remote learning this week as previously noted and we will update parents when we are ready.
In the meantime, students are encouraged to begin working with any materials that were sent home on Friday. In addition, St. Chris will be open temporarily tomorrow, Monday, March 16, from 9:00 AM to Noon if families need to retrieve books and/or other supplies.
As always, we continue to pray for our students and families' well-being. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.